March 04, 2009

LIVING FROM THE HEART

Artist Marc Riboud

The first time I came upon this photograph it made my heart weep, I found no words. There is this energy of truth within this moment, caught by an eye of an artist. Words are not necessary, it would be an insult. Still, this pic haunts me, it reflects my inner pain of all the suffering in the world. My heart still weeps when I look at it. This caught moment in time, in history, is still a moment happening allover the world. Looking at this picture I sense so much beauty and so much pain, compassion the effect. Inbetween this space where everything is possible, an empty gap, a line. Just one movement to spell of nothingness is broken and history will be rewritten again.
I admire this women, who has the heart of a warrior. I try to imagine myself in her position, how she must of felt at that moment, what moved her to take this step, fearless and full of compassion. Her body probably trembling but completely centered within. Her message, a flower. How simple, how obvious, how beautiful, absolute Truth. Has anything changed?

Is it necessary to watch TV, listen to the Radio or read the newspaper to be informed of what's happening in the world? Observing my surroundings I see enough suffering happening and so much beauty and joy. It is the space inbetween, which is the ground of creation. I don't need to go to a third world country to serve life, to be of aid, to give my love. All I need to do is look around, the game of seperation plays right before my eyes. In the city it is especially present, I feel seldom a flow of heart happening on the streets.
Most of all, I see my own suffering within. My own pain and fear. Why not start from there?
As long as I let fear rule my life, I will find no love. As long as I believe Life is attacking me, I will find no peace. Taking things personal is seperation, a you and a me is created. Being Life is to be whole, all is one. Of course I can turn my back and believe to find peace somewhere else, even go sofar to become a sosay hermit. Might be peaceful for awhile, but even in a cave Life is being reborn, constantly. There is no running away from Reality, the Heart will not allow it, it is Life, it is it self.

Mother Theresa

Living from the heart is to be whole. There is no me and you, but we are, just being. The fear to let go of this illusion of an I and everything else, is cause of all suffering and pain. Many wise teachers passed on sacred knowledge, so all can awake. To start with confronting this fear is to turn inwards. To take a look at this me. There are many ways of approaching this descent, if you are ready the teacher will appear. The teacher is within. A friend once said : "It is all about remembering". Remembering Life's language. That language is within myself. There are many books, paintings, music, dance steps, words out there in the world, are they mine? Going within I will find my own words, colors, music, voice and dance. This is being Life, honoring Life, loving Life. All else is betrayel!
I am at a point in my Life where all the books I read, the workshops I visit, the beliefs I created are of no use anymore. It feels somehow empty. My bookshelves have become less stuffed, there is space. There are many workshops which attract my curiousity, are they necessary? Thoughts, words, believes are now being digested within and not thrown out to the world. Look who I am! I feel more at peace but also alone. This loneliness is I guess one of the last strands of the ME, clinging to its survival, the fear to be alone, forgotten. But, looking back I ask my Self, why treasure a way of life which just does not feel true anymore? Somehow it stinks. I choose to take that step into the unknown, into nothingness and everything. The platform where Life is created.
To live ME is not really an easy lifepath. Keeping this seperation active between the Me and the World requires alot of energy. It is wasted energy, as it hardly comes back. The ME is simply paranoid, survival its drive. The Universe turns all around the ME, this is its belief. When me has a great day it thanks God or is just happy. When it has a bad day, it begs for pity and gives the world fault for its misery. Is this truth? What if the world is simply I? Whom then can I give blame or give thanks too? This way of perceiving Life I finds a helpful tool to confront the ME, to face the word the Me believes to be real. I starts to take over the responsibility of simply Being here, the world out there is now found within. All is one and the same, simply Life.

Artist Garret Moore

*******

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,

How I wonder what you are!

Up above the world so high,

Like a diamond in the sky!

When the blazing sun is gone,

When he nothing shines upon,

Then you show your little light,

Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.

Then the traveller in the dark,

Thanks you for your tiny spark,

He could not see which way to go,

If you did not twinkle so.

In the dark blue sky you keep,

And often through my curtains peep,

For you never shut your eye,

Till the sun is in the sky.

As your bright and tiny spark,

Lights the traveller in the dark,

Though I know not what you are,

Twinkle, twinkle, little star.


Jane Taylor wrote the lyrics in 1806

*****

May your star shine bright

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment