March 13, 2009

TRACING BACK THE ORIGINS

Elk Spirit
Artist Patrick Trotter

Before I started out last spring, on a five month journey across Canada, I made a list of 101 Goals which I wish to fulfill before I die. This idea was passed on to me through a great book called Key to Living the Law of Attrachtion, Author: Jake Canfield. On my list one of the goals was to make my own Medicine Drum. In the past I had joined a few unforgettable Shamanic Journey's through the beating of a Medicine Drum, but it was never my own. The wish to create my own Drum came to me when I was offered the great opportunity to be a part of a sacred Drum Circle last Spring Equinox. On the 21st March, allover the world, people gathered at the same time to beat on their drums for Peace. This sacred ceremony is called '8000 Drums'.

It is a powerful way of praying for the Healing of Mother Earth and our souls within. This coming Saturday is Spring Equinox again, be ready to drum! Check the net for further infos about this ceremony of 8000 Drums, find groups in your area. Or meet up with some friends and drum peace awake. Even if you don't have a drum right at hand, make one. Use your imagination, flip over a plastic bucket and use your hands. It's the intention behind the drumming which counts, give that prayer of energy in every beat and sound you make. A Circle is more powerful, but somewhere you have to start, why not right on your doorstep?


'Don't ask yourself what the world needs.

Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do that.

Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.'

-- Harold Thurman Whitman




Coming back to the 101 Goals, last sommer I had the great opportunity to be a part of a Medicine Drum Making Circle. I just came back to Vancouver from being 2months on the road to pick up my beloved sisters at the airport, all the way from Switzerland. It was a beautiful reunion after 5years no see! A day after, we headed out into the wild for a one week wilderness trek. My soul was soaring following Natures call willingly. This amazing Trek was on my 101 List too. I've been there before and always wanted to return. Thank you Life!


Cape Scott Provincial Park, B.C., Canada

Ken - Janine - Heidi - Jacky















watching whales and breathing in the Pacific Ocean air,
soft sand and shells under my feet,
blessed be Life


a tent, a fire, a cup of tea,
and a holy smoke of prayer,
my sisters, my man and my self
watching the sun color it's poetry along the sky,
a fire kiss joining the cold ocean below.
What more do you want?
What a great day to die!

***

Returning back to the city, all roughed up and still walking the dream of the wild, I had two weeks time to catch up with pending necessities of owning a Guesthouse, before my roadtrip headed further on towards the East of Canada. We had organized a great couple as managers to take care of the Guesthouse for the 5months we were on the road. Now being back just seemed unreal. Checking my emails, one particulary caught my eye: 'Make your own medicine drum'.

Here it was, Life offering me a chance to manifest one of the goals I wrote down. What you send out, will always comes back.


Well, a few days later, here I was sitting in the backyard of a cute little house, settled in the middle of city Vancouver B.C., receiving instructions how to make a medicine drum. It was a day of sun and clouds, a few blocks east it was raining. Looking up I witness a rainbow offering its beauty and believe it or not, an eagle tracing circles in the sky right above our sitting circle, resting on mother earth. Sounds kitsch, eh? But true. It was magical, very powerful indeed.


Whoever joined in the circle donated delicious, colorful food to feast on and to celebrate this sacred happening. It is interesting in which way life offers us possibilities to fulfill our goals. A wisdomkeeper once said: "Have no expectations, see only possibilities, you will never be disappointed." Great book by the way: Travels in a Stone Canoe, Authors Harvey Arden & Steve Wall.

A very wise and simple statement. Whatever we wish and dream, will in some way always come true. So be careful, it works like a magnet. Sometimes we just don't see the chance because we set expectations, how it shall be, the happening. This makes us blind to all the possibilities being offered back, so we may fulfill our goals. Think about it and especially try it out. :)

Travels in a Stone Canoe

Authors: Harvey Arden and Steve Wall


Back to the drum making. We were introduced to our guideteacher David Aubrey Berger. A gentle soul and wise man, check out his book "The Power of the Circle", he offers workshops too.

Before we dived into the drum-making, he guided us through a spirit journey, stepping into other worlds of reality. He also mentioned to visualize how all the objects we are going to use today, came here. Where was its origins? From the hide to the wood, from the feathers to the cotton, and so on. And now, what our intentions in this cycle of creation are to be? It was an amazing experience, I recommed to try it out.

Start with any object you touch or use. I do it now whenever I buy food, cook a meal or enjoy a the feast. Tracing back the origins is an excercise which will change your perception of life. It is mind-opening. The next step is, to visualize where the further journey of whatever you related to, will be heading. So, what ever we do, create and live, always has an impact on Life. Is it for the better or the worse?

Make a wish!

Tracking back the origins of the hide I am about to use, I like to imagine how Elk enjoyed a wonderful free life. Always enough food, his home surrounded by clear lakes and healthy forests. A proud male Elk with a huge healthy harem and lots of young ones. I imagine how Elk was ready to step further on his journey into another world, another life. New stronger bucks where in the herd, his duty done. I imagine how his death came upon him on a beautiful night, a full moon shining, all peaceful. His spirit was honored from the Lifetakers through a song of gratitude and a prayer for his further journey. Yes, that is how it should be! Without Elk's death I would not be here creating a medicine drum with his hide, which gave him protection and warmth.

May you live in peace my Elk-friend! Thank you.

my first handmade Medicine Drum

Sommer 2008


"It is not to wait for miracles, but to walk miracles."

*******************
Quote from David:

Often there is an energetic jump from one moment to the next. It is as if new information just came in and made greater awareness possible.

Notice it.

That is enlightenment.

- David Aubrey Berger

No comments:

Post a Comment