January 30, 2009

WALK IN BEAUTY

Inuvik, N.W.T., Canada

pic Janine Weber


Beauty is Life when life unveils her holy face.
But you are life and you are the veil.
Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror.
But you are eternity and you are the mirror.

The Prophet - Kahlil Gibran




Lifting the veil is turning towards the light away from darkness. It is when I decide to lift my veil of blindness and to expose my holy face to the world, to Life. Thus is when Life becomes beautiful, my being authentic with all. It is a Beauty of such enorm intensity, it is joy and sorrow together, it is pleasure and pain in one, hard to describe in words, similar to a divine orgasm.
What is the veil which covers up my holy face? Fear, judgement, seperation, lies, uups...(......wwwwww333...the comment of my catfriend Simba,he loves stepping over my Laptop :) Oh wise one, why always these riddles? :)


My Imagination creates worlds of eternity. Worlds given form and name, I can see the results mirrored in my surroundings. Every single being with an Imagination is a Storyteller of Life. Life becomes manifest and Myths are created. A great big Book of Lifestories, each single one a personal unique myth. Would be an interesting, ongoing read, eh? History is created by Humans, it is the myth of human beings in a most seperated world. We created Time, why? Humans giving Life meanings and reasons. Cause and effect. It is all Imagination, a point of perspective. Looking outside into the world I believe to be real, is a manifestation of my Imagination. What is it I see, feel, think? I wonder if other living beings imagine things? What about a stone, a plant, an animal?

By creating the space and time to willingly look within this Source of Perception, is to surrender my Self into the womb of imagined stories. It is walking through the mirror of perception, the reflection of my Imagination. All my lies, fears and judgements, all my beliefs and attachments, letting them be swallowed up from the depths of Truth. Transforming from a Being into a No-being, reborn as One-Being, namley Life. It is an adventure, it is a way to lift the veil of illusion. How long it takes, I don't know, in little steps? Maybe forever, maybe in an instant moment. It is about finding ones own personal myth, to walk it and to become the myth.





Edward Burne-Jones



There is an amazing creative exercise which I would like to share with you.


It refers to your own personal Myth, your Life Story. This beautiful practice of Art was taught to me, during my education as an Art Therapist. It is about re-walking your Life, but backwards. A journey of memories. Take a day off from your allday busy life and find a peaceful, undisturbed spot in nature. You need paper, colors and a journal. Also not to forget a yummy lunch and lots of fluid. The Walk can become a good four hour excursion or even more, so be prepared and aware of the surroundings you choose. Make sure you mention to someone dear to you where you will be heading and when you plan to return. It might be important to have a friend near you when you come back but also the understanding when you wish to be alone. And please remember to turn the handy off!

The Myth-Walk is a backwards journey through your own Life Story. Going backwards helps to find closed doors filled with memories of every age lived and it helps to remember. Before you take the first step, imagine you are stepping through a gate into a different world, your secret Life-myth. When you have settled in with your surroundings, take a step and start your walk. The age you are now walking is of per today. Repeat your age quietly within your thoughts. Look around, let go of 'what ifs', expectations and images. Just walk and breath the area into your body. Come to where you are NOW, you are now within your own story-book.

Welcome!

Artist Heather Lee




During your walk, a specific spot might catch your eye, an object or a subject; head towards it. Sit or stand there, look around, sense the area. Take a drink, nibble on something, write in your journal, and always look around, relaxed enjoyment. Think about your age, observe your story, re-live it. But know, that what you are reliving has already happened. You are a watcher now, a storyteller of your life. That is opening the doors of darkness, letting light into the rooms, lifting the veils of dust. Some rooms might be darker, harder to find, even fearful. Others are open and ready to fill you with memories of light and colors. It all mirrors our stories of ages within our Life Myth.


A memory will appear before your eye, relive that moment, remember, watch. Taste it, digest it. It might taste great, it might taste very bitter. Look again into your surroundings and observe the happenings with pure awareness. A symbol will appear to you, which will help to unlock this door of memories. Let it be re-born and so transformed. It can be a bush, a tree, an apple, a stone, an animal, a person, a situation. Let your feelings guide you, not your thoughts. The symbol will talk to you, listen well with your heart. Paint or draw the symbol, the message, dive into it. Take as much time as you need, it can be an hour or just a quarter. It is not about the looks of the painting, but the contents within it. It is like writing into your diary, it is your diary, your personal myth.




Vladimir Kush




An experience I would like to share:



During one of my Myth-Walks, I sensed a spot to rest. Enjoying my surroundings in beautiful Tuscany, I sat down and sucked in the scents of the sunbathed hills. It was midday, hot and hardly a breeze. I spotted some dried out animal-dung, must be sheep.



A low bushy green branch of an oaktree caught my attention. It had this phosphoric green glow around it. Focusing my awareness onto this bush, eventually a masculine creature stepped forward. He symbolized a being of pure Masculinity; wild and powerful and proudly presenting it's full errected male potency. It made me blush! Now, what is that suppose to mean? Sexuality? I was reflecting my age 30. I wasn't sure how to react to this unexpected situation. Shall I be shocked our laugh out loud? At that moment I hear a voice shouting: 'senora, senora, attenzione, lupina (wolf).' I turned around and saw a beautiful old shephard, right out of a picture book. A weather-worn face, brown and wrinkly, behind him his flock of sheep hurrying down a sunburnt hill. With waving hands, signalinh to me to watch out, a wolf is in the area. I replied unconcerned and gave my thanks. Somehow his warning did not disturb me, so I stayed putt and waited.


All of a sudden, there was a fast movement in the woods, right across the field. The unregulary stomping of an animal, the sound of breaking branches and sticks. Instantly my body stiffened up, my heart was racing and all hairs stood up. This is how a cat must feel! Of course, not to forget my Imagination. But surprisingly, I did not feel fear. It was more like being in-midst of an action movie, but I'm the watcher - 3D. Then all stopped, Spotlight! I looked towards, where the noise had ended, and the most amazing scene appeared to my sight.

Right behind my Treebush - the Lord of the Animals- came forward, a full grown male Red Deer-Elk with the most majestic antlers I have ever witnessed. It was so magical, time stood still, the world stopped turning. I transformed to an open-mouthed statue, starring into this beings huge beautiful wild eyes.
Blink, Crack, breath in, breath out, the magical moment was broken and the King of all Dear sprang elegantly away, deeper into the woods. A golden feeling of warmth spread through my body and I wept in bliss and awe.


Later on, I was told, that in many ancient cultures an Elk symbolizes a solar emblem of fertility. The Celtic Druids associated the Oaktree with male potency and wisdom. What about the Wolf and the Shepherd? Our Life-Myth communicates through symbols, take note of them.



Cernunnos

by Saevus



You will instantly feel when it is time to head further on, backwards into your Life's Myth. Finish up, make notes and keep walking, observe your surroundings, open your senses. An age will appear again, you will sense something, grasp it, paint it, express it. During your Myth-Walk, keep repeating this cycle of age-reflection as far back as you can. It doesn't have to be every single age, take those which appear and if possible not back and forth. It also depends how much time you have given yourself to dwell in your mythical world.

Within my first Myth-Walk, I only made it to age 7. This was interesting, as I don't remember much beforehand. My next Myth-Walk, half a year later, I went beyond my actual birth date. I felt quite overwhelmed, ecstatic and surprisingly alone. I like practicing this exercise when I sense the time has come again to shed my old worn-out skin, time to move on, time for a change. It is such a beautiful way to remember the personal myth. By remembering, I take my Life into my own hands and decide to be and walk my own path of Beauty.



Garibaldi Prov.Park, B.C.

pic Janine Weber

**********************

Navajo

In beauty may I walk;
With beauty before me, may I walk;
With beauty above me, may I walk;
With beauty below me, may I walk;
With beauty all around me, may I walk;
In beauty, may my walk be finished;
In beauty, may my walk be finished

Golden Reflections

Artist: Lee Bogle

www.leebogle.com

******************************

Walk in Beauty Human Kind

Be Beauty

xo Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment