May 26, 2009

BREATHE


Nat.Geographic
Mongolia

***

I was sitting in my Motorhome last night, parked in an alley-lot in the middle of Downtown behind our house. Ken & I ran away from our job as guesthouse hosts; just needed space. Listening to Pink Floyd, sipping on some newly discovered Fireball brew, we both started a remembering journey into the time of our last big 5month trip across Canada and back. By candlelight we shared a fire of storytelling. Eventually we both become quiet, each drifting through some past memories, flashbacks, smiles and sighs.

Now here I am, in the backalley in my Motorhome, hidden from the noise and activity of citylife; except for the usual rattling of a shopping cart passing by, filling itself up with bottles, I feel invisible and safe in this metal moving thing, with 6 rolling feet. This vehicle is like a storybook filled with stories, I just have to close its door behind me and step into its inner realms and all is peaceful.


Magic Car-pet

***

So hear! I wish to share with you these moments through a beautiful lyric from Pink Floyd

(sorry but I haven't figured out yet how to insert youtube,
please listen on youtube, enjoy).

***

Breathe




Breathe, breathe in the air.
Don't be afraid to care.

Leave but don't leave me.

Look around and choose your own ground.



For long you live and high you fly

And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry

All you touch and all you see

Is all your life will ever be.


Artist: Sherrie York

***

Run, rabbit run.

Dig that hole, forget the sun,

When at last the work is done

Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

For long you live and high you fly

But only if you ride the tide

And balanced on the biggest wave

You race towards an early grave.


Der Sensemann


***

On The Run

*

Surf the tide my friends.
ENJOY the ride!

Luv
Janine

1 comment:

  1. Lovely and thought provoking post.
    Wonderful that you have a place to tuck yourselves into, a place of retreat. Lovely to meet you through your blog.

    ReplyDelete