
The 4 Elements
Artist: Isha Lerner
***
an old wise lyric
The River She is Flowing
The river she is flowing, flowing and growing.
The river she is flowing, down to the sea.
Mother, carry me, your child I will always be.
Mother, carry me down to the sea.
The wind he is blowing, blowing and rolling
The wind he is blowing all through the trees
Gentle wind carry me, your child I will always be
Gentle wind carry me all through the trees.
The earth she is changing, changing and moving.
The earth she is changing, all through the years.
Mother Earth, carry me, your child I will always be.
Mother Earth carry me, all through the years.
The fire, he is burning, burning and glowing.
The fire he is burning, ashes to dust.
Fire carry me, your child I will always be.
Fire carry me, ashes to dust.
The river she is flowing, flowing and growing.
The river she is flowing, down to the sea.
Mother, carry me, your child I will always be.
Mother, carry me down to the sea.
The wind he is blowing, blowing and rolling
The wind he is blowing all through the trees
Gentle wind carry me, your child I will always be
Gentle wind carry me all through the trees.
The earth she is changing, changing and moving.
The earth she is changing, all through the years.
Mother Earth, carry me, your child I will always be.
Mother Earth carry me, all through the years.
The fire, he is burning, burning and glowing.
The fire he is burning, ashes to dust.
Fire carry me, your child I will always be.
Fire carry me, ashes to dust.
***
Artist: May Ann Licudinethe four elements
*****
EARTH AIR WATER FIRE
As mentioned in my previous post, I'm in the process of creating a mask-making workshop. The theme chosen is the four Elements. To relate with these Elements conciously, it requires time and most important: awareness. Living your day with awareness, focused on a specific theme, will make time slow down automatically.
When I wake up, my first intentions are to get washed, brush my teeth and at last make a delicious mug of strong Café Latte. By then I'm awake enough to slowly remember the theme I wish to carry with me throughout the day: The four Elements, earth air water fire! So I rewind mentally to the scene where I wash my face and brush my teeth. Which elements are included in my actions? Water, of course. Air, well Air is everywhere, that's easy. :) Now what about Earth? That's trickier, what is the sink made of, or the soap...mmhh? Okay, earth found it. Now Fire! Hot Water, Boiler. Further observations, what is my facecloth made out of? Which Elements are present?
Now to my sacred morning coffee ritual. Water is there, Air of course, Fire equals Electricity, the coffee beans I would say Earth. Again all four Elements present. I like sugar and milk with my coffee, so which Elements are found there? What about breakfast? I love fruit, joghurt and muesli. After awhile playing this awareness game, I notice that everything I perceive in my surroundings is made up of those four Elements. Without them, nothing exists. I'm sure there are many other Elements, but my focus is on those four. Everything I interact with, is a combination of these four Elements. And this is what we call Life!
All is One.

DNA Tap
Artist: ???
It's really exciting, try it! Choose a theme, why not the four Elements and live your daily life with these four words conciously in your mind. It opens up a complete new perspective of what you see and relate with. And something else to focus on: what are humans made of?
So while I am typing this post, I ask my Self, which Elements are now present?
Have fun!
***
J.W.
No comments:
Post a Comment