The inner Death I then experienced, lifted a veil from my eyes and instantly a part of the ego was erased. This part was how I related to the world and to my Being. I believed the universe turned around me, myself and I. The world was OUT there and I was here (where?), completely alone. At the same time I sensed within, this perspective just can't be true. Why do I see sadness and fear, but dream of compassion and love? Why do I see suffering and judgement, but wish happiness and peace? Why is life and the world so insane? Where is my true Home? Outside is a brutal world, I don't belong here. All these questions and searching for answers became the egos weapons; it's demons which turned the beauty of spirituality into a playground of toys. All the toys, the spiritual junk I had collected during those moments of despair, kept me from drowning in the world I believed was truth, but it did not bring peace. This inner Death experience, lifted a veil of fixed beliefs from my eyes and opened up a whole new perception of my Being and Life. My greatest teacher during that time was my Life Companion and still is.
Lake O'Hara, Yoho Nat.Park, B.C.
from the net, ztrainer
Choegyam Trungpa says:
Proper shopping does not entail collecting a lot of information or beauty, but it involves fully appreciating each individual object.
I had a recent discussion with a friend of mine, about finding the time to do all the things one wishes to do. To finish projects put aside waiting, to read books gathering dust, to meet up with some friends or go out for a walk. Especially time for the "to does" which inspire our Being. Oh, how I heard my heart acknowledging her desire.
...start with one item. One has to find a stepping-stone, a source of inspiriation.
I see unfinished paintings and collages, I see pictures to sort out and to file, heaps of unread books, I see medicine drums calling to be painted and drummed alive, I see bills, letters, cleaning, writing, projects over projects, a non-ending 'to do's'. You know it made me really feel overwhelmed and sick. Now perceiving my room after reading these words lifted up another veil of perception. All what I saw felt worthless, heaps of junk, at first sight. I felt lost. Instantly I had the urge to just throw everything away, how easy, eh? No, of course not! Alot of what I saw was dear to me, I just didn't appreciate it's individual beauty. Like a child, playing with a new toy and just to leave it a few minutes later, to be forgotten. Another toy attracts the attention and so on. Collecting things, creating a junkyard of treasures of beauty, over and over again. It made we feel defeated and once again I realized, I don't know a thing!
I noticed my Being is tired of collecting stories and wisdom of other peoples lifes, it is theirs not mine. It is time to seek within and to relate in the out, remembering the wisdom of my being. I feel a little bit more grown up today, a little bit older and for sure some more silver hairs. My spiritual junkyard is in process of becoming less aswell as the list of "things to do". Thank goodness, bless spring cleaning!
Artist:
Susan Seddon Boulet
*******************
A Questionnaire asks Chogyam Trungpa with regards having a guru:
"So who are you following, more or less?"
C.T. answers:
"Situations are the voice of my guru, in the presence of my guru."
***********************
These words sound very wise and true. I think I'll try them out.
Blessed be,

I have been sorting out too, this week. Some things have wandered back to their former owners who are either pleased or not pleased to get them but at least I have more room for my own 'junk' now. Too bad you are too far away! You do know what will be in my backpack the next time I visit,don't you? Some of it you will be pleased to see again. Luv JoAnne
ReplyDeletefabulous post. i wrote something similar a couple of weeks ago, but i love the way you highlighted the value in appreciating the items we've accumulated. when i was clearing out my stuff, i got a lot of pleasure from meandering into memories. i also love the array of art you've got on this blog - it's brilliant to discover it!
ReplyDeletethanks so much for following my blog. i'm a bit of an erratic writer, but i hope you're enjoying it :)
peace be your journey,
yolanda xx